d6jg wrote:
> It will be the player part of iPeng that has the issue

I find this very confusing. I've been trying to diagnose it for a while
to find out what the actual problem is.

Thing is... for me it's not actually iPeng but the server causing
issues:

Code:
--------------------

  -: ERROR while decoding metadata
  state = FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_END_OF_STREAM
  /Users/joergbeta/Install/Squeezebox/slimserver/Bin/darwin-x86_64/sox FAIL
formats: can't open input  `-': WAVE: RIFF header not found

--------------------

That's from the server logs.

Also... all of the streams actually play for me for a while until I run
into these issues which apparently derail things completely.

Whenever I was seeing issues they were happening when playing OGG/FLAC
and transcoding to a regular FLAC container.
I _suspect_ what's happening here is that iPeng forces the server to
transcode. The reason is that iPeng doesn't support OGG right now due to
another odd issue that prevents Spotify OGG streams to play (and that I
have actually no idea what causes it. The stock ogg/vorbis decoder iPeng
uses throws errors and I have no idea why these streams work on other
setups).
So when playing in iPeng the server needs to transcode the OGG/FLAC
streams because iPeng requests FLAC and then the server seems to
eventually run into issues with the streams and bails out on them. From
that point on I see the player no longer responding.

@mherger have you looked into the server logs when you tried this?

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch*