bpa wrote:
> Did PlayHLS work before ?
>
> This sort of error usually appears if PlayHLS is not installed or
> PlayHLS V1 is installed but the support application ffmpeg was not also
> installed.

The usual reason for me is that LMS has disabled PlayHLS because of
failing to load.
If I restart LMS then it probably manages to load it next time around.
However, if I visit the LMS plugin list in settings while it has failed
to load then LMS marks it as disabled and removes it ... so it then does
not reappear on next start and I have to go through installation again.

The error is

Code:
--------------------

  "my" variable $err masks earlier declaration in same scope at
/usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/PlayHLS/lib/MyAnyEvent/Handlehls.pm
 line 2048.

a hack could be to only "my" it if not already defined ... but that is
only masking the strange error.

Paul Webster
author of \"now playing\" plugins covering radio france (fip etc),
planetradio (bauer - kiss, absolute, scala, jazzfm etc), kcrw, abc
australia and cbc/radio-canada
and, via the extra \"radio now playing\" plugin lots more - see
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?115201-announce-radio-now-playing-plugin