slartibartfast wrote:
> Hmm
> amixer -c 1 set "E30 " 110
> works but it sets alsamixer to 110 out of 127 and doesn't directly
> control the E30 preamp attenuation. Is changing volume in alsamixer
> theoretically better or worse than in LMS?
It seems the ALSA control is not connected to h/w.
I think ALSA s/w volume control will be very similar to LMS volume
control - all done in digital domain.

slartibartfast wrote:
> When I escape the quotes I get
> squeezelite.serviceJob for squeezelite.service failed because a timeout
> was exceeded.

At a guess the escaped command line params get analysed incorrectly.
Squeezelite logging may show what is happening but maybe not worth the
effort since ALSA control does not seem to give h/w control.