Greg Erskine wrote:
> Yes, as I rip to a single WAV file per album browsing through Music
> Folder is next to useless, it only shows the single cue and wav FILE. I
> have always thought to power of LMS was the database it generates. If
> you only want to browse through the Music Folder there are much simpler
> audio solutions available that don't have the database overhead.

I don't want to drift too far off-topic, but I have to say that the
Music Folder view is very handy and fast when I know EXACTLY what I'm
looking for: the album title and the either the name of the artist or
that the album is a various artists compilation. But if I'm fuzzy on the
details, as is often the case, the database and advanced search save the
day. A few years ago, standardizing tags was a months-long project that
made my music library much, much more useful. There is still work to be
done, of course.

By the way, Greg, you are probably aware that the Music Folder view lets
you open the cue file, just like a folder, and select individual tracks.
But I wanted to be sure others reading this know that, which is my
reason for mentioning it here.

Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual
players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio,
Boom or Classic.