boomdijk;327315 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a simple problem that needs fixing, but i don't seem to get it
> working.
>
> This is it:
>
> I want 1 genre to only show up om my slimp3 player in my bedroom and
> not to show in my living room duet. So i have 43 genres in my bedroom
> and 42 in my living room.
>
> I followed the setup for kids room
> (http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Setup_kids_room_SqueezeBox), but
> somehow the radioplay genre keeps showing up in the livingroom.
>
> And for good measure some questions concerning this topic:
>
> Is there a simple way of getting this done?

Basically what you need to do is:
- Setup two libraries, one for the bedroom with only the single genre
included, one for the living room with the 42 genres included.

After you have setup the libraries, you should get a Libraries menu
under "Music Library/Custom Browse". Check that each library contains
the music files you like.

The rest is about moving around menus and creating playlists to get the
browse menus and dynamic playlists you like. Just ask specific questions
if you don't get something to work.

If you are using a Squeezebox Duet I think you might get into problem,
because the Custom Browse/Multi Library plugins currently don't fully
support player specific menus on the Controller remote control.

boomdijk;327315 Wrote:

> Do i have to restart the service after every change in the settings?

You will have to restart after installing the plugins, you will also
have to restart when you move menus to the top level. Besides that, you
shouldn't have to restart, unless you have found a bug.

boomdijk;327315 Wrote:

> Do i have to do a rescan of the library after every change?

No, not unless you have changed the tags in your music files or
moved/renamed the music files.

boomdijk;327315 Wrote:

> Is there a userguide of all the settings of the multilibrary plugin?

This one is the only one that exists, it links to a number of
tutorials:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Multi_Library_plugin

Just ask if you wonder what a specific parameter means.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) 'My download page'
(http://erland.isaksson.info/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and Database Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))