Excellent news! I'm off to get a cheapo soundcard...
The reason I asked (if anyone cares) is that in the office I've got the
server running SC & Squeezeslave outputting to an FM transmitter so that
I can listen to my collection on an FM radio when I'm in the
kitchen/bath/garden. Until now, I've been using my laptop to listen in
the office. Now I can free the laptop and just have a pair of speakers
plugged into a second soundcard on the server and use my SBC. Much
better WAF than having to boot the laptop.

--
indifference_engine