bpa;424277 Wrote:
> Ron
>
> Is this a new AlienBBC install or an upgrade from a working one that is
> now broken ?
>
> Can you get a log (See WebUI Settings/Advanced/Logging) with
> player.source set to DEBUG and plugin.alienbbc set to DEBUG
>
> 1. Note time
> 2. Try a station
> 3. Copy into a plain text file *all* log entries from noted time until
> end of test. Zip file and attach to a post.
I turned on the above logging options and looked at the resulting log.
The key log entry:
[09-05-18 04:46:03.4219] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::checkBin
(260)    couldn't find binary for: mplayer.sh

I checked
/var/lib/squeezecenter/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Alien/Bin/mplayer.sh
and found that the permissions were as follows:

# ls -l mplayer.sh
-rw-r--r-- 1 squeezecenter squeezecenter 1295 2009-05-06 20:08
mplayer.sh

I added execute permissions:
# chmod +x mplayer.sh

I retried the test, and everything worked as it should.

Perhaps execute permissions should be added to mplayer.sh to prevent
this problem.

--
Ron Olsen