OK, it's becoming a little clearer. First I needed to install
SqueezeCentre 7.3.4, now done this morning. Sorry but I hadn't tried the
Squeezebox proper and then discovered that I needed to update SC.

Then used the Extension Downloader to get Community SoftSqueeze and it
shows up in the Extras list of the web interface. However, I then try to
download the app and it will not load, giving the list of reasons
below:

java.io.EOFException: encoding.error.not.xml
        at com.sun.deploy.xml.XMLEncoding.decodeXML(XMLEncoding.java:48)
        at com.sun.javaws.jnl.XMLFormat.parse(XMLFormat.java:60)
        at
com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(LaunchDescFactory.java:57)
        at
com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(LaunchDescFactory.java:75)
        at
com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(LaunchDescFactory.java:121)
        at
com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(LaunchDescFactory.java:349)
        at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Main.java:308)
        at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Main.java:252)
        at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Main.java:111)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)

What on earth am I doing wrong?

Viv

--
vhs