jasell;540257 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been using iPeng for a while now at my iPhone. Really great and
> convienient.
> How ever I also use Moose when I have my computer at hand and it
> strikes me how much faster Moose is thanks to its own database and
> artwork cache.
>
> Could it be possible for iPeng to cache more data than just the artist
> list? Similar to the Moose so that I don't have to wait a long time to
> list albums or songs and view artwork or list new albums.
>
> Maybe there could be an option on how much to cache on the iPhone (I
> don't know if there is a drawback to cache too much on the iPhone).

Planned for 1.4 or so. The main drawback is that Squeezebox Server
doesn't have any means to manage the cached content so you will have to
throw it all away if you believe something has changed plus you will
have to be aware that there could always be inconsistencies.

The easiest way is to get a faster server, SBS 7.6 will help on
that...

BTW, iPeng DOES cache more data. It caches artists, albums, genres and
artwork.
It did cache playlists in an earlier release but that turned out to be
too unreliable, playlists can change too easily without it being
noticed.

--
pippin

---