Hi all,

I was thinking of some features that may be interesting (at least I think they
may be interesting for us, so they may be also for some other people).
We use nfacctd with a bgp session to put together netflow and bgp information
to a database, only for inbound traffic.

1: what about a feature to prevent any db insertion before a BGP session
established within the first minutes of nfacctd life? That would prevent empty
AS/BGP related fields in the database. Something like a ldp-synchronization
hold-time xx seconds that junos/cisco/others implement for their IGP.

2: what about a feature to shorten or compress the stuff inserted in
src_as_path, regarding prepended ASes? Obviously incoming traffic is not linked
to the as_path to the source, but it's still interesting to see which kind of
link you use to see it. In those conditions, prepended ASes are meaningless in
this direction; what about removing prependings in this field ? Or what about
replacing prependings by something like AS[55] for a 55 times prepended AS
(something that would be easy to remove at the select)?

Feel free to comment.

--
Olivier Benghozi
Wifirst