Hi Stathis,

You do not outline what is the capturing method you intend to
use, ie. libpcap, NetFlow/IPFIX, sFlow, etc. If using NetFlow/
IPFIX you are sorted already, as you just add timestamp_start
and timestamp_end to your aggregation method to the quintuple.

If using libpcap, well, a NetFlow probe helps precisely with
creating flows out of sniffed packets. pmacct has a 'nfprobe'
plugin for this. So the solution would be: pmacctd sniffs on
an interface and is configured with a 'nfprobe' plugin that
exports flows to a nfacctd daemon (co-located on the same box
or on a different box) which, in turn, is configured to save
data to the preferred backend and aggregate on the quintuple
plus timestamp_start, timestamp_end.

If using sFlow you might have an issue capturing the flags,
depending on how heavily you sample. Let me know if you are
in this case.