Hi Johannes,

This is indeed strange. I have two leads: there was a bug around
syslog logging being fixed recently (post 1.5.0rc2); the bug was
causing some memory corruption: can you, for a try, log directly
to a file via 'logfile' directive (or alternatively, slightly
more involved, upgrade to latesst CVS build). Should that not do
can you please try introducing some minimal internal buffering?
Something like the following should do:

plugin_pipe_size: 4096000
plugin_buffer_size: 40960

Let me know. Should none of the above work, would you be open
to some remote-access for a bit of debugging?