Hi,

I'm looking for a solution for the following: we have a transit router
which generates netflow data for our network, which provides transit
services to various customers. We would like to be able to provide
netflow data to our customers, but of course, we can only provide them
with data for their network, so we need filtering. Of course I'd usually
would have fixed this by enabling netflow on the customer facing
interfaces, but for this specific network this is not possible. So I
need a way to split and replay my flows.

Looking for a way to split incoming netflow packets based on
characteristics (source/destination IP and/or next-hop ASN) I found
pmacct.

I played with the "tee" plugin combined with a pre_tag_map for some
time, but couldn't get this to work yet.

My config looked like this:

== nfacctd.conf ==
plugins: tee[cust]
tee_transparent: true
pre_tag_map: /etc/pmacct/pretag.map
tee_receivers[cust]: /etc/pmacct/tee_receivers.lst

== pre-tag.map ==
set_tag=100 ip=10.0.0.0/8
set_tag=200 ip=192.168.0.0/24

== tee_receivers.lst ==
id=2 ip=10.11.12.13:5000 tag=100
id=3 ip=192.168.1.1:5000 tag=200

Is what I want to do even possible, and if so, what am I doing wrong
here?

Thanks for the help,
Teun