On 30/12/16 14:46, Charlie Smurthwaite wrote:
I'm using pmacctd with the built-in BGP daemon. This works very well
except that my own prefixes are always resolved to AS zero.

I am fairly sure these prefixes are being exported by my bird instance,
but don't seem to reach the AS table in pmacctd.

Is there an obvious reason for this, and/or a workaround I could use to
resolve my own prefixes to my AS number?

I've figured this out. I was running bird and pmacctd on the same host.
pmacctd's internet bgp was rejecting routes with a next-hop attribute of
127.0.0.1. Overriding this to another arbitrary address allows the
routes to be accepted and resolved to the correct AS.

Charlie

Charlie Smurthwaite
Technical Director

tel.  email. charlie@atech.media<mailto:charlie@atech.media> web.
https://atech.media

This e-mail has been sent by aTech Media Limited (or one of its assoicated
group companys, Dial 9 Communications Limited or Viaduct Hosting Limited). Its
contents are confidential therefore if you have received this message in error,
we would appreciate it if you could let us know and delete the message. aTech
Media Limited is a UK limited company, registration number 5523199. Dial 9
Communications Limited is a UK limited company, registration number 7740921.
Viaduct Hosting Limited is a UK limited company, registration number 8514362.
All companies are registered at Unit 9 Winchester Place, North Street, Poole,
Dorset, BH15 1NX.