H O M E - C R Y P T - L I N K S  - R S S -  F E E D -  B I O

Arab Violence

There is the popularized myth that Palestinian violence is a direct result of
Israeli occupation and settlements in Judea and Samaria.

Palestinian militants, both FATAH and HAMAS are terrorists who direct their
violence against civilians. They kill Jewish babies. These organizations did
not come about because of Israeli occupation of Judea and Samaria.

These terrorist groups were founded when the Judea and Samaria ("West Bank" and
"Gaza") were under the control of Arabs, not Israel. Yet, the Palestinians
claim there would not be a need for what they call "defensive" operations if
there was no occupation. This is just another false claim by Arabs since Israel
did not occupy the West Bank or Gaza prior to 1967.

They hate the Jews and they want Israelis to get out of Israel. They want the
Jews out of the Middle East. They want the Jews out of this world. And that
wouldn't satisfy them. Even if there were no Jews left anywhere, they would
still hate the Jews.

Israel's detractors are quick to blame Israel for killing Palestinian civilians
and condemn its use of "targeted assassinations" against the leadership HAMAS,
like it did with Salah Shehade and 14 others who were killed with him. The
death of the planner of the murder of dozens of Jews is not the tragedy they
make it out to be. At the time of his demise, Israeli intelligence reported he
was "preparing six "mega-attacks" on Israeli civilians." (See "Beyond
Occupation" 08-02-2002 in the Baltimore Jewish Times.

"In the Shehade attack, Israel quickly apologized for the other killings. They
know war is deadly, but seek to minimize such mistakes, even to the extent of
putting their own troops in harm's way. So there were no rallies celebrating
success, no triumphant waving of machine guns -- such as in place in Arab lands
after Israelis are massacred." (ibid)

"The Movement for the National Liberation of Palestine (FATAH), and its sister
organizations, were not born after or as a result of the Six Day War and
Israeli occupation of Judea, Samaria, and Gaza. They came into existence some
ten years earlier, when three quarters of a million Arabs in Samaria and Judea
lived under Arab rule from Jordan and three hundred thousand lived in the Gaza
Strip under Egyptian Arabic rule. They did not enjoy the independence which the
Fatah propagandists claim to be the breath of life to them, and they seemed
quite oblivious to its absence. For those nineteen years, there was no talk of
independence nor any action to secure it. In those years as well, Israel was
the target of Fatah's activities---Israel in its cramped partition borders.
Then, too, Fatah acted in the name of the `Palestinian people'---presumably the
Arab-ruled Arabs of Hebron and Jenin and Nablus as well as the Arabs of Haifa
and Jaffa and Nazareth in Israel." (Samuel Katz, "Battleground..." 76)

"Fatah was not founded in Palestine. Throughout the years of non-Israel rule in
Judea and Samaria, it did not have its headquarters there and did not conduct
its operation from there. It was founded in Lebanon in the late 1950s. Its
first official offices were opened in 1963 in Algiers, in a building placed at
its disposal by the Algerian government. Compelled to leave Algeria because of
internal Algerian frictions, it established new headquarters in Beirut. In
mid-1965, Fatah headquarters were moved to Domascus, where they remained until
the Six Day War." (ibid)

"Its leader, Yasser Arafat, its leader, was not uncharacteristic of Fatah
membership. His claim to have been born in the Old City of Jerusalem may well
be true. It is certain that he was brought up and educated in Egypt, after his
parents had emigrated there from Palestine. They were not `refugees' of exiles,
they had simply moved house in the 1920s, twenty years or more before the State
of Israel came into existence. Arafat is said to have served in the Egyptian
forces during the invasion of Palestine in 1948. He certainly qualified in
Egypt as an engineer and worked there for some time. He moved ot a job in
prosperous Kuwait and there began to agitate against Israel. Henceforward, his
political activity dictated his mode of life. From Kuwait he went to live in
Beirut, then in Algiers, then back in Beirut, and then in Damascus. Though he
was a frquent traveler, in all the ninetten years of Jordanian Arab rule, he
did not set foot, let alone try to live, still less naturalize his movement, in
Judea or Samaria, not even in the city he claims as his birthplace. He gave
Palestine and the people who lived there a wide berth." (ibid)

"Fatah operations against Israel, first launched in 1965, were planned in
Syria. The fighters first crossed into Jordan or sometimes into Lebanon and
from there infiltrated directly into Israel. All the attacks were hit-and-run
raids on civilian targets, and seldom did they stray far from the border. For
Fatah members could not expect shelter from the Palestinian Arabs, whether in
Jordan-occupied Judea and Samaria or in Israel. With few exceptions, the
`Palestinian people' were not involved at all, nor did they offer any
substantial cooperation, even passive, in these operations." (ibid)

It was only after the governments in Israel, under great pressure from the
United States made the concessions with Arafat and his henchmen, which made the
current political conflict and Intifada what it became, not as a result of
occupation, but a result of capitulation and U.S. pressure to surrender to
terrorism.

Only under pressure from the United States did Israel turn the oil fields over
to Egypt, it discovered and developed in the Sinai, which were enough to make
Israel energy sufficient. Only after pressure from the United States did Israel
pull back from every successful military defensive action and turn it into the
defeat of constant vulnerability to terrorism and war. It is that kind of
weakness Israel can not afford.

In return for the concessions made to Anwar Sadat for an unstable peace after
the 1973 war, President Carter agreed to financially reward Israel with
billions of dollars in aid each year which has always been renewed by the U.S.
Congress. It was a deal which hardly seems worth it in retrospect.

These funds have insured a perilous partnership by the United States with the
only democracy in the Middle-East and to compensate for the loss of the Sinai
and Taba and some very strategic advantages, but the other cost has been the
increased criticism from antisemites and anti-Zionists, both on the right and
the left, and some regret and criticism from Israelis for giving up more than
it should have.

Faisal Husseini was a lifelong advocate of violence against Jews and the
destruction of Israel. Faisal Husseini was the nephew of Hajj Amin Husseini the
Grand Mufti of Jerusalem. He was the Palestinian Nazi connection.. (Husseini
died of a heart attack during a visit to Kuwait on 31 May 2001)

Praising the murder of two Jews, Faisal Husseini's comment after Palestinian
Arab terrorists murdered two Jews, one of them a U.S. citizen:

"You are talking about an expression of our feeling about the occupation, I
have no problem with the deed." (Faisal Husseini quoted in Jerusalem Post, Nov.
6, 2000 - "Violent confrontation")

"We will forcefully open up our borders with Jordan and Egypt, which are
currently controlled by the Israeli army. There will be violent confrontation
and death, but this time on both sides. Are the Israelis more numerous and
better equipped? Yes, but the superiority of us Palestinians lies in the fact
that we are willing to lay down our lives, whereas for them every death is a
tragedy that society cannot bear." (Faisal Husseini in Le Nouvel Observateur,
Aug27 - Sept2, 1998, p.46)
"Destroy Israel in Stages"

Husseini told the Jordanian newspaper A-Ra'i on November 12, 1992:

"Our slogan of 'the present phase' is not 'from sea to the Jordan River'. We
did not give up, and we will not give up, on any of the obligations to which we
have been committed for more than seventy years. We have, in our Palestinian
Arab society, the ability to struggle againt the divided Israeli society, which
is characterized by conflicts that haunt it. Sooner or later, we will force
Israeli society to join a larger society, that is, our Arab society, and we
will thereby bring about the dissolving of the Zionist entity in stages."

"Palestine is from the Jordan to the Mediterranean Sea"

In an interview on Syrian Television on September 9, 1996, Hussein was asked
what the boundaries of "Palestine" are. He replied:

"[A]ll Palestinians agree that the just boundaries of Palestine are the Jordan
River and the Mediterranean Sea. Realistically, whatever can be obtained now
should be accepted and that subsequent events perhaps in the next fifteen or
twenty years would present an opportunity to realize the just boundaries of
Palestine." (Israeli News Agency (IMRA) - Sept 9, 1996

"Tel Aviv is a Jewish settlement"

A map distributed by Faisal Husseini's Jerusalem-based Arab Studies Society
lists Tel Aviv, Haifa, and all other Israeli cities within pre-1967 Israel as
"Jewish settlements." (Jerusalem Post, March 29, 1995)

Asked in 1990 about Arab terrorists who had stabbed Israeli civilians, Husseini