Accuracy in Media

Let's Declassify Obama's Birth Certificate Along With the `Torture' Memos

By Pamela Meister  |  April 27, 2009

    In the Obama administration, a lot of information has been recently
    declassified and publicly distributed. Memos detailing enhanced
    interrogation tactics of Jihadist terror detainees (or, as the left
    defines it, torture) and photos that allegedly show the abuse of these
    detainees by their American captors are the first - but not likely the
    last - in the declassification queue.

    The intent, in the eyes of our president and his advisors, is noble:
    to introduce "transparency" and to "make up" for the mistakes of the
    Bush administration. After all, we want al Qaeda and its copycat
    Jihadist terror organizations to like us. What better way than to put
    on the public relations equivalent of a hair shirt and prostrate
    ourselves in front of those against whom we have "sinned"?

    So what if it besmirches our military and puts into jeopardy
    everything they and our intelligence community have fought for long
    and hard? All of that amounts to a hill of beans next to our new image
    of the kinder, caring, more submissive America. Out with superiority -
    in with inferiority. Bowing down to royal despots and slapping the
    backs of tin pot dictators are all a part of the grand plan to cut
    America down to size. Tired of the Ugly American stereotype? Then
    you'll love the Subservient American.

    I, for one, have reason to rejoice in this new era of dirty laundry
    airing. As long as we're creating a paper trail a mile long and a mile
    wide, Obama might want to keep the momentum going and release that
    long form birth certificate we keep hearing so much about. It'd be a
    great excuse for him to fly back out to the old Hawaiian homestead
    (not that he needs a reason to gas up Airforce One and fly the
    friendly skies - that plane gets more use than Nancy Pelosi's Botox
    needle) and ask the governor to take it out of its vault, the location
    of which is a bigger secret than that of the Bat Cave.

    Hey, if it's no problem to release classified documents, the birth
    certificate should be an easy call, as to my knowledge it's not
    classified. Neither are his undergraduate records. If he's as
    brilliant as everyone keeps saying he is, why not prove it by showing
    off his stellar grades? What articles did he write while editor of the
    vaunted Harvard Law Review? Inquiring minds want to know. Speaking of
    Harvard, how did he pay for his high priced law degree? Let's not
    forget that trip during college to Pakistan in 1981, the one that
    supposedly provided Obama with his foreign policy credentials. There
    has been a lot of controversy about whether Americans were allowed to
    travel to Pakistan at that time due to the strife, violence and
    martial law within that nation at the time. Yet he, an unconnected
    college student, managed to travel there and stay for three weeks. (Is
    this just more evidence of miracles wrought by The One?) A call to the
    State Department by one of my colleagues yielded Pakistan travel
    information on the early 1980s but not 1981. Hmmm...

    All of these questions are easily answered, and would put the minds of
    many Americans at ease to know that our president is exactly who he
    says he is as prescribed by the Constitution - a natural born citizen
    - whose brainpower would, we hear tell, put Albert Einstein to shame.
    How often have we heard that it's nice to have a smart guy in the
    White House instead of that dummy George W. Bush?

    Americans have asked nicely. Pretty please with sugar on top? Some
    have even filed lawsuits, a number of which have been summarily
    dismissed, while others have been the cause of threatening letters by
    the lawyer representing President Obama and Vice President Joe
    "Gaffe-o-Matic" Biden. Robert F. Bauer wrote a letter to attorney John
    Hemenway threatening "sanctions, including costs, expenses and
    attorneys' fees" if Hemenway does not withdraw the appeal of his
    "frivolous" lawsuit demanding the release of the birth certificate.
    Gee, that's friendly. Are threats to private citizens on behalf of our
    elected officials some of the "change" we were promised?

    Now really. For Obama, a man who talks about sharing and caring more
    than those sickeningly sweet Care Bears, you'd think that sharing a
    little information with an adoring public would be a priceless
    opportunity to practice what he preaches.

    Come on, Barry. Come clean. Take that certificate out from its hidey
    hole and wave it proudly for your fellow Americans to see, then frame
    it and display it next to your signed copy of Saul Alinsky's Rules for
    Radicals in the Oval Office. The American people are getting in to
    this transparency thing. Don't disappoint us. You're the change we've
    been waiting for, remember?

    Psst - anyone know a lawyer? I might need one after this.

    FamilySecurityMatters.org Pamela Meister is a former radio
    broadcaster, a recovering liberal, a contributor to
    AmericanThinker.com and a blogger at http://blogmeisterusa.mu.nu

    Linkname: Let's Declassify Obama's Birth Certificate Along With the
           `Torture' Memos