I'm still working on my pod mangling tools, as funded by TPF, after an
unfortunately protracted distraction.

I recently blogged a very simple overview of what the tools can do hre:

  http://rjbs.manxome.org/rubric/entry/1805

You can see the code producing the demo (which is now better than what the blog
post used)  here:

  http://github.com/rjbs/pod-elemental/blob/master/eg/demo-pod

Here's an example of the second-to-final block printed by that program now:

  Document
    Pod5::Ordinary <Ordinary Paragraph 1.1>
    =begin :dialect
      Pod5::Ordinary <This is a paragraph.>
      =image foo
    =head1 Header 1.1
      =head2 Header 2.1
    =head1 METHODS
      =head2 foo
        Pod5::Ordinary <Ordinary Paragraph 2.1>
        =over 2
        =item * bar
        =back
        =head2 Header 2.2
        Pod5::Ordinary <Ordinary Paragraph 2.2>
        =head3 Header 3.1
        =over 4
        =item * foo
        =back
      =head2 quux
        Pod5::Ordinary <Ordinary Paragraph 2.4>
        Pod5::Nonpod <>
      =head2 quince
        Pod5::Verbatim <  my $method = …quince(1,2,3);>
        Pod5::Ordinary <The above will …wing will not:>
        Pod5::Verbatim <  my $method = …quince(3,2,1);>
        Pod5::Nonpod <␤sub quince {␤ …ity(@args);␤}␤>
        Pod5::Ordinary <Is that clear?>
    =head1 Header 1.2
      Pod5::Ordinary <Ordinary Paragraph 2.3>
    =begin comments
      Pod5::Data <This is a big c…oes on and on.>

Thoughts, feedback, etc, are welcomed.  Actually, I'd love any of them,
although I don't expect much.  I know the world of pod is pretty sedate. ;)

--
rjbs