On 12-04-26 11:57 AM, Russ Allbery wrote:
1. If the =item tags are numeric, ignore the value of the numbers and just
    renumber them.  This is similar to what other markup languages do, but
    it has the significant problem of making it a bit more annoying to
    document, say, a list of exit status returns, where several numbers are
    skipped.

=over

=item Z<>42

The answer to the Ultimate Question.

=back

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

as it is about coding.

[updated for today's programmers]
"Show me your code and conceal your interfaces, and I shall continue
to be mystified. Show me your interfaces, and I won't usually need
your code; it'll be obvious."
        -- Fred Brooks

Don't be clever; being great is good enough.