On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 09:42:34AM -0500, Ricardo Signes wrote:
> * Russ Allbery <r...@stanford.edu> [2012-12-26T17:47:41]
> > Do people feel this comment line provides much real utility in Pod::Man
> > output?  I could add a flag to suppress it, but I'm tempted to just drop
> > it entirely, since I'm not sure that it's really doing anyone any good.
>
> I have often found such lines *in other programs* useful for sorting out bugs.
> I've never tried debugging the podlators, thankfully! :)  My inclination would
> be to add the flag for such packagers to use, but I'm not particularly
> invested
> in the problem.

"Me too". In that my experience and situation parallels Ricardo's.

A flag for people who know what they are doing to disable the generation of
comments feels like the best compromise, as such people likely also know how
to debug their toolchain if they get a problem. (Rather than asking upstream,
at which point the "generated by" comments are useful to upstream.)

Nicholas Clark