Ricardo Signes <perl....@rjbs.manxome.org> writes:

> Pod::Simple 3.24's new warning on mismatched item types has broken
> podlators.

> This is pretty unfortunate, since it also fixes hash ordering problems
> in tests which will be needed if some of the last patches to hash
> ordering land in 5.18.0.

> I had a quick look at the tests, but I don't really know what they're up
> to, so I'm hoping that you (Russ) can have a look at this.

I haven't had a chance to look yet (still recovering from a cold), but
will try to take a look soon.  I suspect the problem is as simple as the
podlators test suite including a test for handling of mismatched item
types, since that sounds like the kind of edge case that I'd test, and not
expecting the new warning.

--
Russ Allbery (r...@stanford.edu)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>