It would probably make sense to run the RCU in a child and have it push
events over the pipes of POE::Wheel::Run. Not as monolithic that way,
but then you could generalize what kind of interface those two pieces
use to chat. At that point you could then replace the RCU part with
anything else that also understands the interface.

--

Nicholas Perez
XMPP/Email: n...@nickandperla.net