W dniu 30 marca 2012 13:56 użytkownik Armin Resch <resc...@gmail.com> napisał:
> Hi David,
>
> thx much for the reply.
>
> Yes, I recall from OSCON2008 that there was grief about ActiveMQ-bugginess.
> I myself have used POE for years in production systems and am quite happy
> with it. Great idea to use it for messaging. Two more questions come to
> mind:
>
> 1 - Have you connected stomp clients to it that are written in languages
> other then Perl?

Yes! It works great for non-Perl clients.

> 2 - Have you hooked up databases for persistency? I'm thinking PostgreSQL.

Yes! PoCo::MQ has a number of "storage backends", some which are
persistent and some which aren't. They can also be combined in various
ways for different performance characteristics. One of those backends
is against DBI. We used MySQL but it likely works with Postgres too -
and if not, I'm sure the patch would be minor.

Check out the docs:

http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?POE::Component::MessageQueue#STORAGE

> The current platform I'm working with doesn't lend itself well to running
> erlang on it. So, unless it changes, I'd think I'll go for PoCo::MQ if
> msg'ing is required.
>
> And since you wrote it and are actively using it, there might be a chance it
> won't atrophy :).

Well, I'm actually not actively using. :-) I was one of the original
authors but I recently passed maintainership on to someone else. The
company I was working at when we developed PoCo::MQ was bought and
then shut down.

Anyway, others are actively using it and there is a new maintainer who
is dedicated to the project - so it will live on. :-)

Best regards,
David.