Hi, John.

I don't see anything obviously wrong in the code you provided.  I don't have
MPD, and I'm not familiar with the module you're using, but I can offer some
general POE advice.

POE has some debugging switches, documented in POE::Kernel.  I recommend at
least enabling: ASSERT_EVENTS, ASSERT_USAGE, and ASSERT_RETVALS.  You can do
this in your shell:

export POE_ASSERT_EVENTS=1
export POE_ASSERT_USAGE=1
export POE_ASSERT_RETVALS=1

Or to turn them all on (and a bit more) in one fell swoop:

export POE_ASSERT_DEFAULT=1

Then run your program.  Hopefully POE will warn you about something relevant.

--
Rocco Caputo <rcap...@pobox.com>