I'm very happy to announce that now JAkarta POI is using the latest
development version of Krysalis Centipede for the build.

The structure has changed radically and it's much better.

The version jumped to 1.0-dev, since I reckon that this is the right
structure.

There are still some issues to fix with your help:

- the record generation is not working again. I want to put this as standard
in Centipede. Glen, consider using the ant style task to apply the
stylesheets, so that any xsl transformer can be used.

- the documentation generation has some glitches on images in sub-dirs and
the style is going to change as soon as the scarab skin is complete

- the dist build is not finished. It does the source dist but not the bin.
What do you guys reckon should go in them? IMHO in the source dist I would
simply zip the CVS module, and for the bin one only the jars, the complete
docs and the legal stuff. Could this be ok?

- We still depend on cocoon in Gump; need to update the Centipede descriptor
to use Centipede's pre-build Cocoon and have Gump use directly the
module.xml in our CVS.

Please check that all the tasks in the build.xml file work.

For the build you can use the supplied scripts or alternatively have the
lib/endorsed jars in your classpath and call Ant on build.xml.

Look at index.html and tell me what you think.

Thank you all for the patience :-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -