On Fri, 26 May 2006, Nick Burch wrote:
As it has been 10 months since our last alpha release (alpha1, on 2005-07-04), I think we should have another alpha release.

I had been hoping to release this once Yegor was on-board, and had committed his patch. However, as he's having some trouble somewhere between faxing his CLA and having it appear on the list, I've applied his patch and done the release.

So, you should be able to find poi 3.0 alpha 2 on your favourite apache mirror in the next few days. Enjoy!

Nick