From: KHZ (SAW) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 11:15 AM
To: 'POI Users List'
Subject: AW: Use POI to call Excel macro

Hi Harsh.

POI interpretes (read)/emulates (write) the physical structures of an Excel
file.

Excel macros are COM programming on a higher level not having to take care
for several COM details.

Being able to call Excel macros would mean that POI would reimplement all
that things. Otherwise POI without having installed Office would be useless.

So I'm quite sure that such things are rather unlikely to be implemented at
all.

Even things like OOo (Open Office) aren't able to call the VB macros.

Regards,        Karl-Heinz.