I just discovered a curious anomaly in a large spreadsheet I'm parsing
with POI.  I discovered that there is at least one merged region (1 row,
2 columns) that shows a particular value when I view it in Excel, but I
discovered that there is hidden data "under" the merged region in the
second cell in the merged region.  If I use POI to just iterate through
all the rows and columns, retrieving the cell data, it shows the value
that I can see in the merged region (from the first column cell), but
also the value from the second column cell.  I can also see this in
Excel if I select the entire second column, then "Copy", then paste into
an external editor.  It shows the hidden value.

I need to figure out a way to detect this kind of condition with POI.
If the cell is hidden like this, I want to ignore it.  Can merged
regions tell me this somehow?