Hi,
I use POI to import quite large and complex Excel files having a lot of
formulas. Some of these formulars are stored as "shared formulas". I can
open the file, but when I try to call HSSFFormulaEvaluator.evaluate() I get
a RecordFormatException on some cells:

org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFormatException: Coding Error: Expected
ExpPtg to be converted from Shared to Non-Shared Formula
        at
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.formula.ExpPtg.toFormulaString(ExpPtg.java:78)
        at
org.apache.poi.hssf.model.FormulaParser.toFormulaString(FormulaParser.java:886)
        at
org.apache.poi.hssf.model.FormulaParser.toFormulaString(FormulaParser.java:868)
        at
org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFCell.getCellFormula(HSSFCell.java:630)

I think there is a bug in the implementation of shared formulas. I'm using
the current POI 3.0 RC. The problem also occured in POI 2.5.1 (not an
Exception but a text like "NO IDEA SHARED FORMULA" was shown.

Thx for help,
Regards,
Günter