On Tue, 1 May 2007, Levi Strope wrote:
All I need to do is read in a row of data, just like the spreadsheet that is attached, and parse the information reliably. There are many blank cells here, but I need to account for them.

I've got some code that might help here. Instead of registering your HSSFListener directly, you create a MissingRecordAwareHSSFListener, register that, and tell it to call your HSSFListener.

As it goes through, it will fire off dummy records when it notices that your final has skipped a row or a column (or a few), and another dummy record after the last cell of a given row.

I'll be adding MissingRecordAwareHSSFListener and friends to svn after we do the 3.0 final release, and once I've finished writing some proper tests for it. I can send you a copy if it'd be of use though.

Nick