Hi,

I used to run Struts 1.2.9, POI 2.5 and could generate Excel files from a servlet and download them without issue. I recently upgraded to Struts 1.3.5 and POI 3 and it looks like I broke that capability. I'm getting the following error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: getOutputStream() has already been called for this response

I've searched through the Net and the archives here for info but nothing really seems to fit for my situation; it's mostly JSP.

I'm calling an Action servlet which makes a call to the model and gets some data, creates a new workbook and then does this:

<snip>
                response.setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel");
response.setHeader("Content-disposition", "attachment;filename=\"attendees.xls\""); response.addHeader("Content-description", "Event Attendees"); ServletOutputStream stream = response.getOutputStream ();
                wb.write(stream);
                stream.close();
                forward = "SUCCESS";
                return mapping.findForward(forward);
</snip>

It's what I did before I upgraded and things worked fine. Now they don't

Any ideas? Am I missing something really obvious or was I bending the rules a bit and taking chances with my data in my previous config?

Cheers and thanks,

Jon

Jon Wynacht
[EMAIL PROTECTED]