On 10/28/06 4:54 AM, "Rob Shepherd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Try this change in policyd.h
>> Current:
>> #if defined (__FreeBSD__) || defined (__OpenBSD__) || defined(__NetBSD__)
>>
>> Add || defined(__sun)
>> See if that works.
>

> Thanks John,
>
> Indeed, the first thing I tried after the first compile was to comment out
> this 'if defined' to leave the assignment within, however SO_NOSIGPIPE is
> not defined on the Solaris platfom either.
>
> For the record, here is the output of your suggestion.
>

> compiling -g -W -Wall -DMAXFDS=4096  sockets.c
> sockets.c: In function `w_read':
> sockets.c:156: error: `SO_NOSIGPIPE' undeclared (first use in this function)
> sockets.c:156: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> sockets.c:156: error: for each function it appears in.)
> sockets.c: In function `w_write':
> sockets.c:242: error: `SO_NOSIGPIPE' undeclared (first use in this function)
> gmake: *** [sockets.o] Error 1
>

> There are other examples of these missing components on the web, however
> my C programming isn't great.

We run policyd on Solaris 10, and see no issues with removing this from the
code on our installation.  We have the following in our pre-build script:

sed -e 's/\| MSG_NOSIGNAL//' < sockets.c.orig > sockets.c

I could certainly do this in a cleaner fashion, but this has worked for us.

--
Paul Forman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]