On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 20:01 -0400, Maple Thorpe wrote:
> I have downloaded cluebringer-snapshot-200803151435 and followed
>         instructions in INSTALL.
>
>         There are files left like cbpadmin and cbpolicyd, where should
>         they be
>         placed? And, which file is use to start cluebringer in daemon
>         mode?
>
>         Is there a README?
>
>         ===============================================================
>         Installing Policyd v2.
>

>         1. Setup MySQL  (or whichever database you plan to use)
>
>         a. In database/ run...
>         $ for i in  core.tsql access_control.tsql quotas.tsql
>         amavis.tsql
>         checkhelo.tsql checkspf.tsql
>         $ do
>         $        ./convert-tsql mysql $i
>         $ done > policyd.mysql
>
>         b. Load policyd.mysql into MySQL
>

>         2. Adjust cbpolicyd.conf with your MySQL database details
>

>         3. Install the webui/*  into your apache directory, check out
>         includes/config.php  and adjust the MySQL server details.
>

>         4. Setup Postfix to use cbpolicyd...
>         Add the following Postfix config...
>                 check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10031
>         in BOTH  smtpd_recipient_restrictions and
>         smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions.
>

>         5. Copy your amavisd from /usr/sbin/amavisd and patch it with
>         contrib/amavisd-new-2.5.3_policyd-200802070918.patch like
>         this...
>         $ patch < contrib/amavisd-new-2.5.3_policyd-200802070918.patch
>         After this change your initscripts to start the patched amavisd.
>

>         6. Copy amavisd-policyd.pm where you see fit, and add this
>         configuration
>         line to your amavisd.conf file...
>         include_config_files('/path/to/amavisd-policyd.pm');
>
>         7. Edit the top of amavisd-policyd.pm and change ...
>         use lib('/root/cluebringer-trunk');  # to point to the directory
>         which
>         contains cbp/
>
>         my $DB_dsn = "DBI:SQLite:dbname=/tmp/cluebringer.sqlite";  # to
>         point to
>         your MySQL DB
>

>         7. Fire everything up and browse to the web gui to configure

Thanks for response.

On my Fedora 8 system, while working on the installation of cluebringer,
I revered back to policyd-1.82. postfix main.cf remains configured with
check policy statements described in the cluebringer INSTALL
instructions, i.e smtpd_recipient_restrictions and
smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions.

Noe Postfix is generating warnings and notices in the maillog:

warning: access table inet:IP.ADD.RE.SS:10031: action PREPEND must be
used before smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions

Apr 17 08:15:26 gobot postfix/smtpd[4640]: 894B6804E9: reject: