On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 08:38:36PM +0530, Dhawal Doshy wrote:
> Robert Felber wrote:
> >On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 04:35:49PM +0530, Dhawal Doshy wrote:
> >>Ignore the scores in the above list as that is where i need
> >>your assistance. What ought to be the basis for scoring of
> >>these RBLs?
> >Aggressive/Effective RBLs may add a Good score, i.e. -1.5 or
> >similiar
> >RBLs which are not that effective but have also zero false
> >positives
> >may have a high BAD score and a 0 GOOD score
> >RBLs which are not really trustworthy should have a low BAD
> >score and
> >0 GOOD score.
> >
> >>Another thing, how does one use multi-lookup rbls? say one
> >>composite RBL returning different codes for different listing
> >>reasons.
> >We do not score for listing reasons. If the RBL returns
> >127.0.0.[1|2|3|and so on] we count it as one hit and apply the
> >score of the RBL. Aynthing else would go too far (we try to
> >keep things as simple as
> >possible - i.e. less is more).
>
> Thanks, btw i am creating a small init script for redhat /
> clones, would you be interested in a contrib?

Yes. But I do prefer following scripts:

 -  should be provided by a package maintainer for policyd-weight of the
    related OS
 -  If there is no package for your OS yet, then consider making one
 -  The URL for the package listing in $OS should be provided, for instance:
    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/mail/postfix-policyd-weight/
 -  If your OS does not have a package repository then of course your contact
    address must appear within that script.
 -  If that init script works only for that particular $OS release such as
    Coolnix 2.1 but not Coolnix 2.0 then I'd like to know that (better yet: make
    it compatible with both versions.)

I hope that's not too strict.

--
    Robert Felber (PGP: 896CF30B)