Ciprian Dorin, Craciun wrote:

>>>     Some help here?
>>>
>> I'll think about it.  What kind of user-interface do you have in mind?
>> Invoking a Squid-style redirector, as with forbidden?
>>
>>                                        Juliusz
>>

>     I'm afraid I'm not acquainted with Squit-like redirectors, but I
> would have proposed a very simple solution, two variables:
>     * dnsErrorRedirect -> boolean for enabling,
>     * dnsErrorUrlPrefix -> string, for example http://en.wikipedia.org/
>     And when the host is not found, a redirect page will be generated
> with the URL prefix being the one given in the variable, and the
> suffix, the host name (or keyword as Firefox calls it).
>
>     Ciprian Craciun.

I like this proposal.  Although you could say that only the second
variable is needed.  (Not set means disabled.)  Also, not sure what you
mean by redirect page.  Once again, I think using an HTTP header for the
redirect is my preferred approach.  That may have been what you meant, I
just wanted to clarify.