Previous Politech message:

"Verisign reportedly sending deceptive domain registration bills"
http://www.politechbot.com/p-03298.html

---

Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:56:11 -0500
From: Arnold Kling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: phony domain registration bills

I got two of these, both from "affiliates" of verisign.  They were very
deceptive.  They said that my domain would expire "soon" and "in
March."  In fact, it will expire in March of 2003.  Nowhere did they
make clear that they were taking registration away from my current
domain registrar.

I think that the FTC ought to fine these people.  Meanwhile, every
domain name registrar had better email a warning to their customers.

--
Arnold Kling <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Author, "Under the Radar:  Starting Your Net Business

---