From: "White, Sam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: U.S. senator plans to make secret videotaping a federal crime
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:49:44 -0400

Hi Declan -

I've actually looked at this bill (S. 2137) myself, and it also has a couple
other provisions that the politech folks might be interested in.
Specifically, it would require ICANN to create a new TLD for sites with
content deemed "harmful to minors" and would require sites that have such
content to register under that tld.  It would establish civil penalties for
violations of that part.

The bill would also require spammers and others to include "marks or
notices" in emails containing a sexually oriented advertisement if sent to a
minor.  It would make it a criminal offense to knowingly send email "without
mark or notice" to a minor.

These two provisions actually make up the vast majority of the bill - the
video voyeurism part is only about 4.5 pages (of 18).

Regards,
Sam

---