See also, launched yesterday (in German):
>EU member states must amend their copyright laws this year. All in all, we
>are facing the equivalent to the US Digital Millenium Copyright Act.
>
>Today we started an initiative on the net to rescue the right to make private
>copies  (european version of fair use): www.privatkopie.net
>
>During the first 3 hours we had 6000 visitors and 70.000 hits. 3895 people
>sent an email to the German chancellor. Since 4pm we get timeouts. The
>chancellor's mailbox seems to be full or regards our interest as a DOS attack.

-Declan

---

Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:30:09 +0200 (CEST)
From: Alexandre Dulaunoy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: EUCD action : Status for European Countries

Dear All,

As you known, the EUCD (2001/29/CE) is a real threat for the four
freedoms of Free Software and for Freedom in general.

So we (at ael)  think the best way is to have a coherent action regarding
and a coherent source of information (with cross-references) around the
application of the EUCD in the different european countries.

So we have setup a small wiki page with status :

http://wiki.ael.be/index.php/EUCD-Status

So EVERYBODY can edit it and add his specific information about his
respective country.

Thanks a lot.

adulau

--