-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Police state NSW
Date:   Sun, 18 Dec 2005 11:19:24 +1100
From:   Gerard Holmgren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Well, we didn’t need a “terrorist” event as such here to give us the
police state.

Hundreds of miles of NSW coastline is locked down, with masses of police
randomly searching cars, and checking mobile phones for messages. Many
more police are on the public transport.

In addition the news is now all jumpy about any kind of criminal event,
just as any explosion now makes people think straight away of terrorism.

Like any big city, Sydney has its daily dose of violent crime and it
always used to be reported in that pointless ho-hum kind of way. But
now, every taxi driver who is bashed, every kid caught with a knife,
every pub brawl is loaded with implications that “the trouble” is
breaking out again.

Its not really affecting me where I am, because I’m near the river , not
surf beaches and if it it wasn’t for the reporting, you wouldn’t even
know it was happening.

The beaches are almost deserted. Because this is summer and holiday
time, when people would normally be flocking to the beach, one can’t
help but think that this is a big exercise in city wide “crowd control”
techniques – how to herd people in and out of different areas.

The obviously orchestrated manner of this is shown by the way that all
around Australia, people are being told to stay away from beaches. If it
was a few Leb gangs causing trouble on one particular beach in Sydney,
it is absurd for beaches in Perth to also be made the racial
battleground. Why not the Leb areas themselves ?

Right up until this broke, the press demonization of the Leb community
was all centred in the suburbs where they actually live – horror stories
of gangs of youths roaming the streets, burning cars, raping etc. So
logically, if there’s going to be retaliation, it should be in the Leb
areas.

And yet somehow, suddenly virtually all of Australia’s beaches are being
declared the battleground – mostly by retaliatory rhetoric from the
Aussie community.

Aussies love the beach, and those who hate Arabs can go to the beach to
get away from them anyway, because in general they have no presence in
Australia’s beachside suburbs. So why would the retaliatory Aussie
gangs, supposedly trying to hang on to their vision of sun, surf, sand
and fun Australia, decide to fuck up their own jealously guarded piece
of Arab free paradise by declaring the beaches the battleground and
trashing them, instead of just invading the Arab suburbs and wrecking
some shops or whatever ?

It makes no sense, except as a large scale exercise to herd people from
the beaches.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/U6CDDD/izNLAA/cUmLAA/TySplB/TM