Just now I came across Sean McBride's discussion of friends who became
  schizophrenic after taking LSD or some other psychedelic drug.  A couple of
minutes
  before seeing Sean's post I sent an E Mail to a guy suggesting he do a
broadcast on the infiltration of the Christian Churches and some Christian
Yahoo Groups
  by the New Age Occultists.  I was saying that sometimes taking LSD opens a
person up to
  the dark side of the spirit world.  A non-Christian might just call it mental
illness, or some kind of delusion. In fact, claiming to talk to spirit guides
would be seen as schizophrenic
  by the shrinks. Now there are many New Age Occultists who are channelers of
such spirits.

  I lived through the counterculture of the sixties in Madison, Wisconsin, and
had friends who took LSD and a few took other psychedelics.  One was diagnosed
later as having paranoid
  schizophrenia, and another did not get into the mental health system but he
might have been considered borderline schizophrenic and MDA or LSD made it
worse.  An example of this is that once in 1984 I wrote him about the taking of
a Frank Lloyd Wright chair of mine
  in storage in 1978 in an apartment building in Madison.  He consulted a
medium
  on the Near East Side and claimed she conjured up the chair and thought she
knew who had it. She was wrong. I got it back, but not though witchcraft.

  A former New Age Occultist who says he was a channeler for spirit guides
acknowledges
  that taking LSD helped lead him into becoming a channeler.  He says on a
broadcast on the Internet that taking LSD changes the way you view the world,
perhaps permanently.

  In the drug movement of the early and middle sixties, before the New Age
Occult movement
  arrived, there was talk in the movement of creating one's own reality.  There
was in the drug movement a rejection of objective reality which was, I think, a
result of too many LSD trips.

  I am not sure that having borderline schizophrenic is a necessary mental
condition for having a bad trip on LSD, though the guy who later went to a
spirit medium in Madison to find out who had my chair might have been
borderline before taking psychedelics.  Psychologists may not even be able to
predict with any accuracy who might have a bad LSD trip and become
schizophrenic as a result. LSD and any other drug is something to stay away
from.
  Some say that marijuana can also open you up to the occult world.

Sean McBride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          I know of two particular cases in which friends of mine (one a high
school classmate, another a college classmate) did in fact suffer permanent
mental breakdowns from the use of psychedelic drugs -- one from a bad LSD trip,
another from a bad mescaline trip.  Apparently these extreme reactions happen
among a certain percentage of users.  After the bad trips the friends exhibited
all the classical symptoms of schizophrenia (disrupted, confused thought
processes), and never recovered.  The two incidents made a great impression on
my mind because both of them were quite brilliant and had bright futures before
them before the bad trips.  Many other friends didn't suffer these effects from
their experimentation, but two people was far too many to see ruined.

After the changes in their minds and personalities, it was impossible to
communicate with them rationally -- they were not the same people.  The
transformation was disturbing and frightening.  Since then I've always advised
people to be very careful in experimenting with strong psychedelic drugs.
Probably you'll have an interesting experience; perhaps you'll have an
experience that is more interesting than you can handle.

Alan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:      --- In political-research@yahoogroups.com,
Sean McBride
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Two theories regarding Millegan:
>
> 1. He is literally brain-damaged and demented from the overuse of
psychedelic drugs and has lapsed into paranoid schizophrenia.

I don't know who this "Millegan" fellow is, and for all I know
he IS brain-damaged and demented (from whatever cause(s)),
but for the record: psychedelic drugs (LSD, peyote, etc.) do not
cause brain damage or dementia.

      "No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right
and keeps a-comin.' "  Texas Ranger  Captain Bill McDonald

  James 5:1-6

"Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon
you. Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten. Your gold and
silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and
shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the
last days. Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields,
which is of you kept back by fraud (INCOME TAX), crieth: and the cries of them
which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth."