Sean McBride wrote:

Ethnic nationalists have a proven history of using genetic science to
promote ethnic supremacist myths, and to justify discrimination against
and even the extermination of ethnic outsiders (including entire
"inferior" ethnic groups). Genetic science was an important factor in
producing the Holocaust. As we speak, some ethnic groups around the
world (including in Israel) are developing biological weapons that
target specific ethnic groups for genocidal elimination.

  It is easy to understand why ethnic nationalists pursuing genetic
research on ethnic issues are subjected to harsh questioning. Ethnic
nationalists who demean ethnic outsiders on the basis of genetic science
are usually one or two steps away from committing violence against those
ethnic outsiders -- that's the historical pattern.

Could you give an example of what you are talking about?  In this
context it seems as though you may be referring to MacDonald or Salter.
It is not good to leave a nebulous accusation like this hanging.

I could easily come up with dozens of specific examples of Zionists
demeaning ethnic outsiders in ways that I find offensive.  I can't say
the same of MacDonald or Salter, but maybe I am missing something.

A good source of striking Zionist examples is the remarkable article,
Israeli Intellectuals Love the War
<http://antiwar.com/hacohen/?articleid=9486> , by Ran HaCohen.  Excerpt
[This concerns Israel's most recent attack on Lebanon, and the
simultaneous attacks on Gaza] -

... The Israeli intellectual, however, would shrug his shoulders at this
as typical "Eastern primitivism." We liberals have our highbrow poets,
with refined taste and overwhelming erudition. Like Ilan Shenfeld, who
claims he has "always been a leftist" – which is why, like every
true poet, he suffers so much in this war: "It's not easy for me to
write a poem that supports war and urges to invade a sovereign area of
another state and devastate it." Shenfeld overcame this difficulty, and
his poem, alluding to "the national poet" Bialik, shows once again that
true agony always yields the best poetry:

"March on Lebanon and also on Gaza with ploughs and salt.
Destroy them to the last inhabitant.
Turn them into an arid desert, an uninhabited, turbid valley.
Because we yearned for peace and wanted it, and our houses we destroyed
first,
But they were a wasted gift for those murderers, with beard and Jihad
bands,
Who shout: 'Massacre now!,' and who have neither love nor peace,
Neither god nor father. […]

"Save your people and make bombs,
and rain them on villages and towns and houses till they collapse.
Kill them, shed their blood, terrify their lives, lest they try again
To destroy us, until we hear from tops of exploding mountains,
Ridden down by your heels, sounds of supplication and lamentation.
And your pits will cover them. Whoever scorns a day of bloodshed,
He should be scorned. Save your people, and make war." (Ynet, July 30,
2006)

Tim Howells

> tim_howells_1000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Sean McBride wrote:
> Now: when one sees genetic research being promoted by ethnic
nationalists of any stripe, certainly red flags should be raised. There
is a history here, and it is indeed an appalling history. The burden of
proof is on the researcher to explain precisely what he or she is up to.
> As reasonable and innocuous as this might sound, this kind of
political correctness is pure poison in the context of scientific and
scholarly research. For example, Frank Salter has described how at one
talk Kevin MacDonald was challenged to renounce neo-Naziism, and how,
when he refused members of the audience shouted abuse and shook their
fists in the air. Now it happens that MacDonald's rejection of the neo
Nazi movement is a matter of public record, but as usual his behavior
was above reproach. These kinds of political demands have no place in a
scientific or scholarly context.
> Imagine if a speaker had led off by shaking his fist in the air and
demanding that everyone present denounce the crimes of Zionism. The
behavior of MacDonald's critics was just as bizarre and inappropriate
and counterproductive. Science cannot function in this atmosphere.
> Tim Howells
> '
>

> > I should state my position on this: I am strongly opposed to any
forms of genetic research and science which are used to harm or
discriminate against any human beings. We have a horrific example of the
misuse of genetic "science" before us in the Nazis and their crimes
against humanity.

> > But I also believe that genetics play an important role in human
behavior, and that we should follow the scientific facts wherever they
lead. Genetic research and science may play an important role in solving
many human ailments and improving the quality of life for us all. I am
opposed to applying any scheme of political correctness to scientific
research other than the Golden Rule -- don't abuse others.