Sent to you by Sean McBride via Google Reader: One World. One Legal
Research Search Engine. via Alt Search Engines by Charles Knight on
7/21/08

So, what is vLex?

The vLex database allows you to search for legal information you need
from a single search engine. It doesn’t matter what content you are
looking for, nor from which country you are in. vLex will perform your
search and with its advanced algorithms, it will reveal more relevant
information. To begin with, vLex lists all of these features:

* Many contents are only available in vLex. Exclusive rights to
specific documents and publications have been given to vLex. This
important information we provide to our customers with access to
content in full text.

* Information is continuously updated Everyday the vLex database is
updated with the latest information and contents. You can be confident
in knowing you are up to speed with the most recent published works.

* With our advanced search tools, you save time. We provide you with
advanced tools for your search though more than 10 millions documents.
Once deciding what words you are looking for you can obtain results
fast, moving your research more quickly

* Try personalizing the system. We are committed to helping you find
the information you need. For that reason, vLex has features that
enable you to store documents you deem important, create alerts of new
developments on specific topics or journals, RSS and more.

* Language barriers are broken. No matter what language you speak,
options are given to change to your specified language. This
multilingual interface allows you to easily search through legal
information from other countries which you may not understand.
You can start using vLex right now; the basic subscription is free!

These are some of the many, many features that you can find in vLex:

Search Features:
* Stemming
* Combination of fields
* Specialized search engines for each type of content
* Boolean operators and proximity
* Wildcards
* Internal search for each document
* Complex searches with combination operators

Personalization tools
* Search Alerts
* Journals summary alerts
* RSS
* Document Tagging
* Favorite documents
* Personal Search Suggestions
* Search history

Browsing features
* Books & Journal Summaries
* Printable page
* RTF Download for all documents
* PDF Download for selected documents (primary)
* DOC Download for Contract & Forms
* E-mail this
* Arrangement of results (date, rank, relevance, etc.)
* Clustering
* Options of visualization (summary, context, etc.)
* Related documents
* Ranking results Algorithm
* Images of covers for all works
* Publishers Logos
* Content Summary.
* Browsing into a source’s document

Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to Alt Search Engines using Google Reader
favorite sites