Hi everyone,

I don't like the idea of an authentication manager using JavaScript as a back-end, and I'm not using that feature anyway. Mozilla doesn't make SpiderMonkey sound all that great anyway. I removed all the remnants of JavaScript/mozjs/SpiderMonkey in the Polkit tree but just wanted to ask if this change is correct:

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/polkit/tree/src/polkitbackend/polkitbackendauthority.c#n1434

->

authority = POLKIT_BACKEND_AUTHORITY (g_object_new (POLKIT_BACKEND_TYPE_JS_AUTHORITY, NULL));

Changed to:

authority = POLKIT_BACKEND_AUTHORITY (g_object_new (POLKIT_BACKEND_TYPE_AUTHORITY, NULL));

It compiles fine and SpiderMonkey no longer needs to be present. That's all I've tested so far, but it's not clear to me if that change to polkitbackendauthority.c is right.

I really don't want this to turn into an argument as asking these things usually do. Polkit is open source, and I rather it not depend on SpiderMonkey, personally. That's just my opinion, you don't have to agree with it but if I can help it, I will remove it. Polkit is also the only package that requires my Gentoo system to have SpiderMonkey installed and it seemed easy enough to strip out from the tree (took me only 2 minutes.) Please do not be offended by this question, I'm just looking for a friend to help me with this one line of code.

Thank you!

Alec