Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to *thank all contributors* who have sent or
plan to send their merge requests to polkit gitlab and help making polkit
better, more advanced and in result more useful to everyone. Without you
and the community, polkit wouldn't be what it is now - present on almost
every modern distro and important part of the system.

I know there is a lot of other work, as the number of merge requests and
issues indicate. All of those require time to be processed. However,
because of the latest changes polkit has gone through, it requires even
more care and especially update.

Because of this I would like to ask authors of merge requests for help by
rebasing their submissions and - which is more important - *reflect their
changes in meson configuration* that has been added into polkit lately.

At the moment the polkit team is going through every merge request, one by
one, rebasing and applying the changes to meson configs by hand. Your help
with this would speed up the process of merging your changes massively. I'm
asking those *who can to update their MRs*.

I'll take the liberty of using this message to also wish you all a Happy
New Year, lots of joy, health and bright days. Stay safe and positive and
thank you again for staying with polkit.

The polkit team