Oops, e-mail left a bit early with a wording that wasn't optimal...

I will try again...

Merge request: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/polkit/polkit/-/merge_requests/140

We discovered a race condition in the handling of runaway script which
is not triggered very often
but causes a failure when it occurs.

The root cause is the lack of mutex lock/unlock protection around a
section of code that updates
the condition variable and calls the pthread_cond_signal() variable.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards, Laurent.