Hello everyone!

tl;dr
New tag is needed to trigger documentation/API reference build and
deployment. Anyone against?

long version:
polkit's CI contains a job that creates and deploys official documentation
and API reference on Gitlab Pages. This job is triggered by a new tag. Tags
have been used for new releases so far.

However, before any new upcoming release, it is needed to build the docs
upfront, so that README.md can be modified with relevant information and
valid links. This up-to-date README will then be contained in the next
build/tarball.

Yes, there is a way to modify .gitlab.yaml twice to run the job without a
tag, but it doesn't look as smooth.

I realize that some distro maintainers may have watchdogs set up against
the tag list. Though I cannot demand that everyone shares details about
their infrastructure, I'm asking whether it is ok to create such a tag and
also informing in advance that this is needed and going to happen.

Thank you very much.

jrybar

PS: If concerned, your fast reply will be appreciated. Thank you.