It would be useful for HOL4 if polyc could be used with a different base
executable.  At the moment, the shell-script is hardcoded to use e.g.,
/usr/local/bin/poly.  If HOL has created a different heap H with a lot of
preloaded context, but for which the main function is still
PolyML.rootFunction, creating a new heap H' that is a delta on top of H seems
to become difficult: my impression is that all of the source files that went
into generating H have to be re-used before the new stuff making up H' can be
looked at.

Or is there another way of getting what I need?  I'd like to dispense with
explicit calls in our own code to PolyML.export, and then needing to call the
linker, but we do want to be able to build heaps in this way, layer by layer.

Thanks,
Michael