On 13 Nov 2018, at 15:24, Gergely Buday <buday.gerg...@uni-eszterhazy.hu> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> running a CakeML bootstrapping process I got an error
>
>      no space left on device
>
> Actually, the disk was not full but consumed all possible inodes:
>
> $ sudo df -i /
> [sudo] password for gbuday:
> Filesystem     Inodes  IUsed IFree IUse% Mounted on
> /dev/sda1      512064 512064     0  100% /
>
> That was because of 361391 MLTEMPXXXX files in /tmp.
>
> Is that a Poly/ML thing?

MLTEMPXXXX is the pattern used by Poly/ML for its temporary files when you call
OS.FileSys.tmpName: unit -> string. However, Poly/ML itself is not calling it
itself, nor is CakeML; it looks like HOL makes a lot of calls, so I would guess
that Holmake is at fault (if that's the step where you run out of space).

James