IF ACCORDING TO THE ARCHBISHOP, IF THERE ARE MORE VALUABLE THINGS IN
THE LATE PONTIFFS NOTES [ NO DOUBT THERE WOULD BE MORE VALUABLE.. ]
THAT WOULD BENEFIT MANKIND THEN THERE'S NOTHING WRONG IN WHAT THE
ARCHBISHOP HAS DONE BECAUSE EVEN THE LATE PONTIFF WANTED MANKIND TO BE
BENEFITTED ALWAYS - VICTOR
--- In Pope-John-Paul-II@yahoogroups.com, "Stacey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Secretary Didn't Burn Pope John Paul II's Notes
> By MONIKA SCISLOWSKA, AP
>

> AP
> Pope John Paul II pictured with his longtime secretary Archbishop
> Stanislaw Dziwisz.
>

> WARSAW, Poland (June 4) - Pope John Paul II's longtime private
> secretary said Saturday he did not burn the late pontiff's notes as
> his will demanded, arguing that the papers contain "great riches" and
> should instead be preserved.
>
> Archbishop Stanislaw Dziwisz, who worked with the pope from 1966
> until his death earlier this year, told Polish state radio there
> are "quite a lot of manuscripts on various issues," but he offered no
> details.
>
> "Nothing has been burned," Dziwisz said. "Nothing is fit for burning,
> everything should be preserved and kept for history, for the future
> generations - every single sentence."
>
> "These are great riches that should gradually be made available to
> the public."
>
> Dziwisz did not say when or how that might happen.
>
> In a March 1979 entry to his testament, John Paul said he left no
> material property and asked that Dziwisz burn all his personal notes.
>
> In Saturday's radio interview, Dziwisz suggested that some of the
> notes could prove useful in the late pontiff's beatification process.
> Dziwisz said he took his own daily notes throughout John Paul's
> papacy, which he said also could prove useful to that process but
> contain no opinions about individuals.
>
> Last month, Pope Benedict XVI announced he was lifting a five-year
> waiting period to start the process to beatify John Paul, the last
> formal step before the late pontiff could be made a saint.
>
> On Friday, Benedict - who was close to the late pope - appointed
> Dziwisz archbishop of Krakow in southern Poland. John Paul, then
> Cardinal Karol Wojtyla, held the same post before his election to the
> papacy in 1978.
>
> Dziwisz said there is a general feeling Benedict will not travel as
> extensively as his predecessor, but that he would like to visit
> Krakow and the Polish capital, Warsaw. No dates have yet been set.
>
> So far, Benedict has only one foreign trip planned - to the World
> Youth Day in Cologne, Germany, in August.
>

> 06/04/05 13:47 EDT
>

> I don't know, but it just seems wrong not to respect what the pope's
> will says.

Click here to rescue a little child from a life of poverty.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rAWabB/gYnLAA/i1hLAA/wpWolB/TM

"[M]y ministry is that of servus servorum Dei."
--Pope John Paul II (Ut Unum Sint, no. 88)

"And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock
I will build my church, and the powers of death
shall not prevail against it."
--Matthew 16:18
Yahoo! Groups Links