Hello,

On Wed, 14.06.2006 at 23:03:11 +0200, Marc Balmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> * Toni Mueller wrote:
> > I mangled the existing ports for HylaFAX and got something for 4.3.0 to
> > compile. The port keeps its data in /var/spool/hylafax as is suggested
> > by upstream, and I also very much dislike too much moving data in
> > /usr/something. So, the port changed slightly.
> config files are in /etc, right?

no, the config files are in /var/spool/hylafax/etc.

The posted code is unfortunately not too useful right now, or at least
it

> > I didn't yet test it thoroughly, but it "cleanly" (sort of) installs
> > and deinstalls.
>
> And, does the software work?

does not work at the moment, for reasons I have still to debug. Seems
like the programs (partially?) don't want to access files through
symbolic links, and also, after I modified that, I still could not send
a fax because the job gets rendered to a .ps file, then nothing more
happens. Esp. no modem action seems to get triggered.

I'm still working on it, but would like to get help with it, if anybody
else is interested, too. I also wanted to make an initial step and get
enough eyeballs on it to _make_sure_ that the port becomes ready early
enough to go into 4.0.

Best,
--Toni++