(Adding Cc to stumpwm maintainer)

Kirill A. Korinsky <kir...@korins.ky> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> I've encountered an edge case with update of sbcl which lead to broken
> stumpwm.
>
> My stumpwm configuration uses mpd modules which requires sb-bsd-sockets, so
> after update of sbcl... it was broken.
>
> To overstep that issue I must rebuild stumpwm because it is saved image
> which includes sbcl which was used when it was build.
>
> To avoid such issue in the future I suggest to add a note inside lang/sbcl
> that after update x11/stumpwm should have increased revision.
>
> I haven't found any other port which depends on lang/sbcl.

I commited a REVISION bump to x11/stumpwm (REVISION starts at 0).

if I properly understand the problem, it is due that you are using both
stumpwm (compiled with older sbcl compiler) and sbcl parts (for a mpd
module), and the version mismatches.

For now, bumping stumpwm is the simpler, but I wonder if it would be
possible to use stumpwm somehow from source and let's sbcl compilation
to refresh the fasl files if updated. Timo, any idea ?

Thanks.
--
Sebastien Marie